When you're low and blue, sometimes all you need is a good pick me up quote to inspire you. Here are Nathalia's favorite quotes to pick you up. Enjoy!
I don’t have many idols. However, there are some people that truly inspire me. Not only with their words, but also their lives and way of sharing their experiences with others. Sometimes when I’m feeling down or facing a difficult situation, these extraordinary people offer me little pick me ups and help me carry on with my head held high.
So, here are my favorite quotes from influential and famous individuals:
1. «Pour Yourself a Drink, Put on Some Lipstick, and Pull Yourself Together.» - Elizabeth Taylor
Who can forget such a powerful quote? Elizabeth seems to really capture the essence of being a woman in today's world, having to juggle competitive careers, dating, family and social lives, all while staying cool and collected.
2. «Two Things Are Infinite: the Universe and Human Stupidity; and I'm Not Sure about the Universe.» - Albert Einstein
That is one of the most famous quotes of all times, and my personal favorite quote too. I don’t mean that just when thinking of other people either, sometimes I do stupid things too, but hey who doesn’t?! We’re all human!
3. «I'm Selfish, Impatient and a Little Insecure. I Make Mistakes, I Am out of Control and at Times Hard to Handle. but if You Can't Handle Me at My Worst, then You Sure as Hell Don't Deserve Me at My Best.»- Marilyn Monroe
This is such a great quote, no one can make anyone do what they won’t, that quote really reminds me that we all have some of those characteristics in us and it just reminds me that no one can be perfect all the time, but after the storm, there’s always light.
4. «Be the Change That You Wish to See in the World.» -Mahatma Gandhi
What an inspirational quote! As always, he spoke plainly and simply, but directly in a manner that really got the message across. That' what makes this an absolutely brilliant quote, from a really inspirational person.
5. «the Only Way to do Great Work is to Love What You do. if You Haven’t Found It Yet, Keep Looking. Don’t Settle.» – Steve Jobs
I couldn’t do inspirational quotes without putting Mr. Jobs on the list. A true visionary, he not only said these words, but he owned them and lived them, proving that true success lies in loving what you do.
6. «Live as if You Were to Die Tomorrow. Learn as if You Were to Live Forever.»- Mahatma Gandhi
This quote has to be here too, just because it’s so great! It truly deserves a place in everyone’s mirrors.
7. »I Haven’t Failed. I’ve Just Found 10,000 Ways That Won’t Work.» - Thomas Edison
This comes from such a great inventor, whose failures are nearly as public as his successes. What could be more inspiring. It reminds me that nothing’s a mistake, the past simply helps to make us who we are.
8. «It’s Not Whether You Get Knocked down, It’s Whether You Get up.» - Vince Lombardi
So true! In life, there are going to be plenty of times that you fall down but all you've got to do is stand up, brush you
That’s it for me, those are my favorite pick me ups, but if you have any quotes that inspire you or that you simply love and I've missed, let me know, leave a comment, I’d love to see it.