Whether you’re a fan of Big Bang Theory or Honey Boo Boo, Vampire Diaries or Grey’s Anatomy, it seems like every season there are more and more reasons to watch TV… but did you know that there are actually far more reasons not to watch TV? Aside from the fact that the majority of TV is garbage (Jersey Shore or Dr. Phil, anyone?), there are so many other reasons to turn off the TV. What are they, you ask, and what about them should compel you to turn off the TV in favor of something less sedentary? I’m glad you asked! Here are 7 reasons to shut off the TV.
1. It Takes Time Away from Exercise
Most of us have to set special time aside for #exercise, but rather than making time to work out, we plop on the couch and turn on the TV. That’s so backward! There is little you can do to improve your health more than working out, but rather than sacrificing TV #time, we’ll do without it, put it off. Really? Is Honey Boo Boo or Jersey Shore or Judge Judy more important than a healthy heart or toned tummy? I think not. Your health (or your muffin top) is probably the best reason not to watch TV.
- 7 Things You Must do before Turning 25 ... 2856
- Who Says You Shouldn't Follow Controversial Advice? ... 2209
- 27 New Christmas Traditions to Consider Starting This Year ... 2061
- He Covers a Toilet Paper Roll with Tin Foil. the Results? Brilliant! ... 184
- 7 Possible Reasons for Your Passive Aggressive Behavior ... 1415