This past Christmas, 52% of people are expected to pass on an unwanted gift to someone else. Surprised? There are so many benefits of regifting. Not only does it get stuff out of your house that you don't want or need, but it ensures that someone who will love that item will make good use of it. Here are all the best benefits of regifting.
Re-gifting is kinder and more thoughtful than simply popping them on a selling website for money. Re-gift thoughtfully, not simply to get rid of the present. This is one of the best benefits of regifting.
Make sure to keep a list of who gave what to avoid any awkward moments in the future, re-wrap the gift with fresh wrapping paper and make sure there are no name tags still attached.
However, if something was hand-made for you, show a little love and care. The person obviously took the time for you in mind.
- Socks. OK, fuzzy socks are cute, but if you don't wear or have boots, how are you to fit them in your shoes?
- Toiletries. Do I really smell that bad?
- Candles. I can vouch for some if the power goes out, in the middle of a winter storm.
- Books. But what if you are a fitness fanatic and someone got you a romance? What if you are a romance reader and someone got you a cookbook?
- Crockpots. A very useful gift but how many do you really need? I learned the hard way...This past summer, I bought a newly married couple a brand-new crockpot as a wedding present and am still waiting to hear from them! I get the hint...AKA: The couple obviously re-gifted. Not a Christmas example, but you get the drift.
Re-gifting is good for spur-of-the-moment occasions...a "just because" gift. Did a person go out of their way for you?
Re-gift to charity! The Salvation Army, Goodwill, Habitat For Humanity and Toys For Tots all accept new items
Just don't re-gift food! I think this would be obvious unless you want to take the food to work before it spoils.
Don't feel bad if you re-gift. Maybe the gift was just not meant for you. If you would feel really bad about it, then keep it. If you are asked about it, come clean. You will know the right thing to do.
Please rate this article