We all know politics, like religion, can be controversial and divisive.
Especially during an election year, it seems like many individuals have strong opinions and no problem voicing them!
While it's awesome to have opinions and be involved with the political process, it's important to not cause strife.
Here are a few simple "rules" that will guide you in how to keep the peace when talking about politics to your friends, family and coworkers!
1. Know Where You Stand
Before even joining a political discussion it's essential that you know where you stand on key issues.
Having confidence in your opinions makes your argument legitimate and more likely to be heard and considered.
Do research and find out which side of the spectrum speaks to you!
- What to Talk with Fiance in Arranged Marriage
- If Your Political Views Are Polarized Should You Be with Him?
- 7 Tips on How to Talk on the Phone More Efficiently ...
- How to Keep Your Cool 😎 when You Really Just Want to Slap 👋🏼 Someone 🖕🏼 ...
- Here's How to Turn Small Talk into a Conversation ...
- 21 Things People Are Doing Tonight 🌜to Have a Better Tomorrow 🌞 ...