Best friends have a special relationship, to say the very least. New best friends, in particular, are often wide open with each other. Even if you only just met, you just feel the click of your friendship right away. You're so excited that you met your soulmate, you just drop all your walls – and besides, it immediately feels like you've known each other forever, anyway. Your friendship won't lessen as your new friendship gets older, but the things that seemed weird in the beginning will soon be old hat. It won't be strange that you happily share clothes, pluck each other's stray hairs, or speak your own language.
Table of contents:
- your initial meeting seems uncanny and fated and somehow meant to be
- you're able to communicate using only your eyes
- or you come up with your own secret language out of nowhere
- you keep discovering all these weird things you have in common
- you send each other selfies from the strangest places
- you do all sorts of gross things for each other
- you'll shamelessly request the most ridiculous things from each other
- you'll text each other when you're in the same room
- you have a group chat for just the two of you
- you reach each other's texts and tell the other person what to say
- you come up with the oddest possible nicknames ever
- you send each other snaps of your ootd
- you frequently start laughing for absolutely no reason
- you'll social media stalk people together
- your texts are full of your own hieroglyphic emoji language
- and those texts frequently come in the middle of the night
- you'll do all sorts of unmentionable things in front of each other
1 Your Initial Meeting Seems Uncanny and Fated and Somehow Meant to Be
Like you were just destined to find each other in this big, wide world, right at the perfect moment.
2 You're Able to Communicate Using Only Your Eyes
One roll of the eyes, one wink, one smirk, and you both know exactly what's being said.
3 Or You Come up with Your Own Secret Language out of Nowhere
And you use it to talk about other people right in front of them, of course.
4 You Keep Discovering All These Weird Things You Have in Common
Things you didn't think anyone else in the world could possibly understand, and yet, your new BFF is totally with you.
5 You Send Each Other Selfies from the Strangest Places
Like in the bathroom, while you're … you know, doing your bathroom business.
6 You do All Sorts of Gross Things for Each Other
She'll pop the pimple behind your ear, you'll pluck the bristly little hairs from her chin, and neither of you will ever tell a soul.
7 You'll Shamelessly Request the Most Ridiculous Things from Each Other
You're not ashamed to ask for a Facebook like or a retweet, for instance.
8 You'll Text Each Other when You're in the Same Room
You know, to keep everything totally on the down low.
9 You Have a Group Chat for Just the Two of You
It's really just a glorified text message, but whatever, that's cool.
10 You Reach Each Other's Texts and Tell the Other Person What to Say
She'll show you texts from her office nemesis, you show her texts from your boyfriend, and together you come up with perfect answers.
11 You Come up with the Oddest Possible Nicknames Ever
When we first met, Lyndsie called me panda bear face and I called her koala bear face.
12 You Send Each Other Snaps of Your OOTD
And you each know that the other person will provide a completely honest opinion.
13 You Frequently Start Laughing for Absolutely No Reason
And it lasts and lasts and lasts until your cheeks hurt from smiling so much.
14 You'll Social Media Stalk People Together
It'll be the most random people, too: like your crush from tenth grade.
15 Your Texts Are Full of Your Own Hieroglyphic Emoji Language
No one reading your texts between each other can even remotely understand what you're saying.
16 And Those Texts Frequently Come in the Middle of the Night
Because that's just the way you roll with each other.
17 You'll do All Sorts of Unmentionable Things in Front of Each Other
You know, like peeing – no shame.
What weird things do you and your BFF do? 'Fess up in the comments!
Please rate this article