It's a fact that candles flickering in bathrooms or bedrooms make everything look festive and beautiful, but you have to avoid using candles that are made from paraffin wax. The reason is that paraffin wax is derived from petroleum and is quite harmful – its smoke contains many carcinogenic toxins.
If you have breathing troubles and don’t want to tempt fate, you may want to try something else, something as good as soy candles. They are a greener alternative to paraffin candles and are available in a dizzying array of options. And above all, they can help you to relax in different ways. For instance, scented soy candles are good for relaxation – they burn slowly and release tiny quantities of essential oils and other natural ingredients into the air. Similarly, you can use these candles in meditation, as many experts believe that the flame of a candle has a strong association with the flame of spirits.
Whether you try soy candles in meditation or aromatherapy, they are simply used to make you feel relaxed. Relaxation is one of the keys to health and well-being – it reduces blood pressure, regulates the rate of breathing, decreases muscle tension and improves energy. Maybe, the biggest benefit is that it helps getting rid of stress and depression. If you keep feeling stressed out for a long time, it could lead to several health-related side effects. What it means is that lighting up a few soy candles in your room could go a long way in keeping you healthy.
Here are a few interesting benefits of soy candles.
1. Clean Burning is the First Obvious Benefit. since Soy Wax is Non-toxic, It Doesn’t Add Carcinogens into the Air
2. These Candles Burn Slowly, and Accordingly, They Offer a Better Bang for the Buck, Especially when You Compare Them with Paraffin Wax Candles. in Fact, They Can Last 50% Longer than Your Regular Candles
3. Soy Wax is Easier to Remove from Different Surfaces Mainly Because Soybeans Are Vegetables, and Soy Wax is Naturally Biodegradable. Moreover, They Are Water Soluble, Which Means You Don’t Have to Worry about Cleaning the Mess if You Spill the Wax of a Soy Candle
4. Fragranced Soy Candles Offer Better Dispersion than Regular Wax Candles. They Burn Evenly and Distribute the Fragrance to Every Corner of Your Room
5. Another Good Thing about Soy Candles is That They Don’t Get Really Hot – They Burn Much Cooler, Making Them a Safer Alternative
In addition to these benefits, there are several environmental benefits associated with the use of soy candles. For instance, crude oil refinement not only releases hydrocarbons into the air but also pollutes the water. It means that if you encourage the production of paraffin wax candles, you'll be responsible for aggravating the worsening condition of the environment. On the other hand, soybeans are a renewable and sustainable resource; therefore, soy candles don’t hurt our Planet Earth.
If you're at your wick's end trying to pick from all the candles available in the market, you'll be better off going for soy candles. They give you a chance to ‘green up’ your routine because they are made only from natural substances and essential oils. Moreover, they burn longer and produce little soot, leaving your ceilings, walls, and furniture free from residue. Considering all these positives, it's quite evident that using soy candles is a preferred choice for you, your family, and your environment.