Sometimes all you need are a few encouraging words to boost your self image. Wambui's choice of quotes are perfect for a pick me up! Thanks Wambui :)
Most of us have our moments of self doubt. We start listening to the voice in our head that tells us we are not good enough or that we can’t do it. I like using inspirational quotes especially when I feel stuck. Here are 8 quotes that can sure give your self esteem a boost.
1. ««to Acquire True Self Power You Have to Feel beneath No One, Be Immune to Criticism and Be Fearless.» - Deepak Chopra
This mind and body healing teacher, tell us that our thoughts manifest as matter in our bodies. So learn to stop criticizing yourself - remember you are in this world once so don’t waste your time doubting yourself. Instead learn to send positive messages to yourself with loving self talk. Once you do this, you are certain to start attracting positive energy.
2. «to Forgive is to Set a Prisoner Free and Discover That the Prisoner Was You.» - Lewis B. Smedes,
The past is just that. Forgive yourself or your past mistakes and don’t dwell on them. Use your past negative experiences as a way of learning. Don’t be too hard on yourself.
3. «Nobody Can Make You Feel Inferior without Your Consent." - Eleanor Roosevelt
While it’s okay to accept constructive criticism from those you respect, only you can give the others authority to make you feel bad about yourself. Believe in yourself and know there is no limit for greatness.
4. «Every Day It Gets Easier to Look into My Own Eyes on the Mirror and Say, "I Love You Just the Way You Are."- Louise Hay
Be strong enough to love yourself the way you are. You are in control of your life - after all you are fearfully and wonderfully made by the same creator that created all other wonderful and beautiful things.
5. ""the Single Greatest Thing You Can do to Change Your Life Today Would Be to Start Being Grateful for What You Have Right Now. and the More Grateful You Are, the More You Get." - Oprah
Be thankful even for the little things in life. When you start living in the present moment, you will notice the many things and people in your life to be thankful for, as opposed to whining about what you don’t have. Try keeping a gratitude journal. It may feel strange to practice a new way of life but you’ll be amazed at how you start attracting
6. « so. Keep Your Head High. Keep Your Chin up. and Most Importantly, Keep Smiling. Because Life's a Beautiful Thing and There's so Much to Smile about." - Marilyn Monroe
No matter what is going on in your life, avoid hosting a pity party for yourself. Look at the brighter side of things. Life is a beautiful thing for you to walk around wearing your emotions on your sleeve. Smile!
7. "Whatever the Mind of Man Can Conceive and Believe, It Can Achieve." - Napolean Hill
Starting your day repeating positive affirmations help reinforce your intentions and what you want to attract. Say your affirmations aloud or silently.
8. «Take Care of Your Body. It's the Only Place You Have to Live.» - Jim Rohn
Over time our bodies slowly start sending messages that they need us to slow down from the exhaustion and stressors that we knowingly or unknowingly put on them. Take time to nourish your body with positive thinking, and by practicing compassion and empathy to those who need it. Renew your body by eating well. Indulge yourself with a bubble bath, a manicure or a massage and don’t forget- get a good night’s sleep!
These are just a handful of quotes that I use when I need a lift. Do you have any quotes or activities that you do to lift your spirits up that you would like to share? We would love to hear from you.