For millions of people across the United States, my beautiful wife and myself included, June 26, 2015, will forever be remembered as a day of triumph, victory, and so much love.
The momentous SCOTUS ruling did not simply grant couples all over the country the right to marry whomever they love without fear, it also made many of us feel like first-class citizens for the first time.
Long-term couples who have been fighting and hoping for this right for decades stood alongside the younger generation and their allies, overcome with joy and hope.
It's impossible to pinpoint just how many beautiful moments occurred on the day love finally won, but I hope that you will look at these lovely examples and see that, truly, #lovewins – always.
Let me preface this by saying that if you do not agree with same-sex marriage – or, as it's now known, marriage – you're gonna have a bad time!)
1. Justice Kennedy Pens the Most Perfect Closing Paragraph Ever Written
Justice Kennedy's eloquence and hi passion for the subject shine through his closing paragraph in the ruling, but the words he chose are even more important.
I haven't talked to a single person who did not get chills from these remarks.
People got teary eyed and their hearts raced with hope.
That's primarily because this is exactly what everyone wants when they're ready to marry someone they love.
Same-sex couples are not out to destroy anyone's religion or faith.
We do not want to tarnish anything.
For us, marriage is a vow, a promise, a way to bond ourselves with someone who means the world to us – isn't that true for every couple who's crazy in love and ready to spend their lives together?
- 7 Memorable Quotes about Love and Relationships ...
- 10 "Grown up" 👵🏼👴🏼 Things All Adults 👨🏻👩🏻 Are Bad at Doing 👎🏼 ...
- The Absolute 💯 Most Memorable 💭 Kisses 💋 in History 📖 ...
- The Most Magical Disney Inspired Pumpkins ...
- 7 Most Memorable Happenings in 2010 ...
- Fancy Words 💬 to Use for People Tired of Overused Common Ones 🤔 ...