I've long been a fan of the Kay Scarpetta book series, written by Patricia Cornwell. To date, I'm only missing the last two novels, but I hope to be getting them soon (hint, hint, Heather!). In preparation, I've started reading the whole series over, from Postmortem all the way through. At the moment, incidentally, I'm rereading Black Notice. I think I like these books so much because, once upon a #time, becoming a forensic pathologist was my dream job. I love reading about what goes on in Kay's morgue. There are lots of other great reasons to #read the Kay Scarpetta book series, though, and I've decided to share them with you!
1. It's Better than CSI
That's sort of a tongue-in-cheek reason, but in the main, it's true. If you enjoy shows like CSI (and all its variations), Criminal Minds, and even the reality shows based around medicine, crime, pathology, and so on, then you'll love the Kay Scarpetta book series. Patricia Cornwell delves into exquisite detail when she describes many of the tests and procedures, so you get a really good idea about what's being done to find trace evidence, test DNA, and profile criminals.
- 7 Things You Must do before Turning 25 ... 2856
- Who Says You Shouldn't Follow Controversial Advice? ... 2209
- 27 New Christmas Traditions to Consider Starting This Year ... 2061
- He Covers a Toilet Paper Roll with Tin Foil. the Results? Brilliant! ... 184
- 7 Possible Reasons for Your Passive Aggressive Behavior ... 1415