10. Adding and SubTracting Fractions
This is super simple and seems almost too good to be true-but it is true!
Use the butterfly method to add and subtract fractions.
To add: Diagonally multiply numbers and put the answer in the antennas.
3 x 5=15 and 2 x 4=8.
Then multiply the bottom two (4x5=20).
Add the top two antenna numbers so your fraction is 23 over 20.
To subtract: Use the same basic method as addition until the end, subtract the antenna numbers and put over the multiplied.
This gives you 7 over 20.
These math hacks might seem too simple to help you in your advanced courses, but they just might come in handy someday!
What other math hacks do you know about?
- 7 Tips on Writing a Personal Ad ...
- How Can You Get Chic Home Décor for a Fraction of the Price?
- 7 Fashion Pieces from Target to Complete Your Wardrobe for a Fraction of the Price ...
- 20 Strangest Vintage Ads...
- The Ultimate ✌🏼 Gift Giving 🎁 Guide for Your Man for Any Occasion 🛍 ...
- Fab 👌🏼 Subscription Boxes 🛍 to Sign up for to Treat Yourself 😊 This Year ...