2. Twenty People Survived the Collapse of the WTC
Research conducted on 9/11 survivors has found that twenty individuals were rescued from the rubble of the collapsed World Trade Center. Two Port Authority policemen, John McLoughlin and William Jimeno, were rescued alive from the rubble, and were found buried in debris around an elevator, after being trapped there for 13 and 21 hours respectively. Their miraculous survival made the 2006 film ‘#World Trade Center’.
Even more miraculous is the story of Pasquale Buzzelli, who worked for the Port Authority as a structural engineer, who was on the 64th floor of the North Tower when it was attacked. The blast rendered him unconscious for 3 hours, but he awoke post collapse on a #bed of rubble with the sky above him. He endured a few broken bones, cuts, bruises and a concussion, but was rescued by rescue workers and made a full recovery. A secretary named Genelle Guzman was on the same floor and was rescued 27 hours after the collapse from just #below the surface. These facts about 9/11 present two very lucky #people, out of twenty who managed to survive the collapse.
- 7 Things You Must do before Turning 25 ... 2826
- Who Says You Shouldn't Follow Controversial Advice? ... 2209
- 27 New Christmas Traditions to Consider Starting This Year ... 2061
- He Covers a Toilet Paper Roll with Tin Foil. the Results? Brilliant! ... 183
- 7 Possible Reasons for Your Passive Aggressive Behavior ... 1405