I've been searching All Women Stalk, Pinterest, and dozens of decorating blogs and articles to find tips for decorating a new home, because Heather and I are moving! We finally have lots of space and the ability to do what we want to with it – so guess what we did first? We got overwhelmed! Whether you're renting a home but have the freedom to decorate or own your own place and get to do what you want, decorating can quickly overwhelm you! You want to do #everything all at once, but that leads to going over budget and getting burned out on all your different projects. Because I want all of you to be as happy, excited, and prepared as I (finally!) am, here are the best tips for decorating a new home that I've been able to find!
1. What's Your Design Aesthetic?
One of the most important tips for decorating a new home involves picking out your favorite aesthetic. Do you want a sleek, modern room that contains geometric shapes and sharp angles? Perhaps you want something more contemporary, with softer edges, or an art deco blend of cool funk? Whether you want a country motif or an eclectic Boho style, you have to pick different aesthetics for your rooms first.
- 11 Everyday Words We All Use Incorrectly ... 57022
- 7 Mythical Creatures That Actually Existed ... 31211
- 37 Awe Inspiring Staircases You'll Want to Copy in Your House ... 3057
- 7 Mysterious Civilizations That Disappeared under Strange Circumstances ... 1605
- 7 Practical Ways to Help the Homeless ... 1035